Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emails do not arrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabioza

IS-IT--Management
Oct 15, 2003
GB
Hi,
Having a strange problem with one of our servers:

Emails can be sent via SMTP from Server A to all domains except to the domain of our server B on another site which recieves email by pop3.

The Server B can recieve from all other email domains except ours. Emails are definetly leaving server A but never arrive at server B.

There are no non delivery errors to Server A and Server B can send emails to Server A. Any ideas? seems that the emails dissapear and are not queued no the server B ISP since I can Telnet in and chech.

regards,
Robert

We are having a similar issue with one of our servers, except it is that we are the ones not getting some of the emails.

Maybe you are one of the servers trying to connect to us?

are you using a POP connector Robert? If so, which one and where is it picking up from?

- does server B get any e-mail ?

- try routing your e-mail from server A through a third party smtp server ?

- try a third party app to deal with the collecting etc like gfi or mailwall ?

- an e-mail from A, if sent to bob@home-email-address, can be then forwarded on to B ?

hope i can help,

J.

=======================================
I know i've got it backed up somewhere!
=======================================

Robert,
Are these servers in the same Exchange Organization? Are they routing to the same Smart Host? Do they use the same DNS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back