Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emailing Reports from APS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jocago

Programmer
Sep 23, 2003
US
Does anyone have a solution for emailing in the body of an email reports that are output from an APS? I have a director who wants to see a report on his Blackberry at scheduled intervals.

I had considered creating a JAVA or VB app that looks for a .txt output from the APS and, when found, parses it into SMTP. That just seems like such a radical solution for what someone else may have already encountered and solved.

Any suggestions?

You can do it easily as an attachment if that's acceptable. You just schedule the report, change the Publish in Format option to HTML standard, To Destination to MAPI, and then choose the people from the address book. I actually prefer PDF since it preservs the report format better, however, don't really understand why people would want to do this since it's really hard to read on such a small display.

Thank you for your reply. I am starting to wonder if anyone uses this forum anymore.

I cannot send the report as an attachment because the receiver uses a blackberry device and cannot view attachments. I was able to create a VB application that looks for an output txt report and parses it into the body of an MS Outlook generated email, but this is not optimal and I would gladly listen to another idea if anyone has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back