Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emailing PDF's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nattylou

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
Hello all :)
I am having a problem with PDF's that I can't seem to get around. I have spoken to Adobe a number of times and they don't seem to be able to help either!!

The problem is that when we create a PDF on a Mac then send it to a PC (within the company), it arrives complete and with no errors. However, if we then email the same PDF from a PC, we have an intermittent problem with corruption at the recipients end. Following is what I have established so far:
-If we create and email a PDF from a Mac there is no issue
-If we create and email a PDF from a PC there is no issue
-It makes no difference if the initial PDF is passed from Mac to PC via email or over the network, the error still occurs
-It makes no difference if the Mac user creates the initial file in PDF version 1.3 or above
-It makes no difference if we send though our Mac email server (using Communigate) or directly through the ISP
-We have changed ISP's (for various reasons) and the problem still remains
-The errors are not consistent but are usually rebuild ones or error 109
-The same document may not bring about the same problem each time, in fact it may be fine sometimes and unopenable the next

All our PC's have Adobe Acrobat writer 5.05. Adobe's only solution was to zip files but our clients do not all have un-zipping software so this is not feasible.

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back