Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emailing password information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ro88o

Programmer
Jun 25, 2005
GB
I apologise if this is the wrong place for this question, I wasn't sure which forum it should go in!

Basically I'm setting up a PHP/MySQL user database where users use a form to give their details and a choice of username and password and this is stored in the database (after all the testing for uniqueness of course), basically the same registration process you find on all websites.

My question is how do I get the system to automatically email users with the username/password details they've just entered and how do I get it to email a specific address when someone has lost their password ?

TIA, ro88o

Store the e-mail address in the database along with other details. When JDoe says he lost his password, send it to the stored addrress.

All you need to send the e-mail is a mail() call in the page which processes the form that they've just entered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back