Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

emailing an access report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
May 8, 2000
US
once I finished a report, how do I email it/ and If I save it in MS EXCELL, HOW CAN i find a copy of this report in Ms access.Thanks!

You can email the report by writing a macro for the report. Use the (SendOject) action, object type (report), Output format (Rich Text Format), To: (whomever the report will go to) You can also just click on the File menu item and there is an option to Send. This is the simplest way I know without writing code.

Look at DoCmd.SendObject in Help<br><br>DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, &quot;&quot;, acFormatTXT, &quot;ChrisC&quot;, , , &quot;---------HOT ORDER-------&quot;, Redinfo, False<br><br>Also If you save it in Excel then Access can not view it directly.<br>You could Link the Excel sheet in the Tables TAB and create a report that you e-mail.<br><br>Excel and Access are not on a common file structure.<br>I would do everthing in Access and leave Excel out of the picture altogether.<br> <p>DougP<br><a href=mailto: dposton@universal1.com> dposton@universal1.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Ask me how Bar-codes can help you be more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back