Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emailing aborted unexpectedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jase2006

Technical User
Nov 17, 2006
GB
I have this Access function to sent out emails to a list of people automatically using contacts in Outlook. When it try to send to a person with two different email address outlook would throw an error message but if I just ok that, the function would carry on happily. But for reason, when one of my colleague tried it, the function just stops at the point when it hits the person with two different email address and can't decide which one, but even after saying ok to that, nothing happens. My other colleagues have no problem. Any suggestion on what to check? We all have the same version of ACCESS and OUTLOOK installed. Is there a setting in OUTLOOK or ACCESS he needs to set? Thanks

To Favor a guess, if he goes into the tools menu and options and hits the Error Checking tab the Enable Error Checking box is not checked. If I am right checking it will solve the problem.

Of course the easier thing to do is to fix the code to determine which e-mail to use or to send to both of them.

Thanks Lameid, found the bug. There's two person with the exact same name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back