Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Emailing a "self-executing" Powerpoint 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

newyorkny

IS-IT--Management
Jun 30, 2004
HK
Hi guys,

We all know how to make a 'self-executing' Powerpoint CD.

Is there any way to create a package that can be emailed?

In other words, you could create a single file that could be double clicked and your presentation is launched, without a person's having to understand about hitting F5 and all that?

Thanks. NY

Try saving as a powerpoint show (.PPS) This is what I've had through emails and when I double click on the icon it runs the show.

Thanks. It also seemed to have made for a much smaller file...this fat pig of a presentation is at 3MB for only 20 slides (I used a lot of cut and paste Prt Sc images as I don't have anything here besides Paint).

When I saved it as a PPS, the file size slimmed down to 1.7MB.

-- ny

The key diffreence between these two approaches is that the solution posted by dyarwood requires the recipient to have PowerPoint install on their PC, whislt the stand-alone version does not.

Cheers

A .pps file and a .ppt file are the same except the filename extension. A .pps file opens directly in slide show. If you rename the file to .ppt, it will open in slide design mode. So, they should be of same size unless you have FastSaves turned ON.

You might want to look at the following links:
Do this before using PowerPoint seriously

Don't do this with PowerPoint Seriously

- Chirag

PowerShow - View multiple shows simultaneously

Microsoft has a free powerpoint viewer. It views only, but it works and is free. It's a not too large exe file that you can put on your CD.

IFRs...yes, the cd method is tried and true. It'd be neat if that could be done in an email-able way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back