Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email to multiple people from address on report and automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentra52

Technical User
Aug 16, 2002
US
I'm fairly new to Access so, please bear with me...I've set up my database and got it to output a report to my email using macros and queries . But what I really need is for the report to go to multiple people whose email addresses are on the report.
This is a daily report and I need help to get my report to run every morning without user intervention.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi

To make it go to multiple recipients, just make the 'To:' address a string of EMail addresses, seperated by ; so

one@a.net;two@a.net

etc

Regards
Ken Reay
Freelance Developer
kenneth.reay@talk21.com

The problem with that is the people that I send reports to change daily depending upon the information in the report. Once the macro and query run, it generates a report for everyone that requires it that day. Only the names that need the report are there, not the entire email group.

Hi

OK, so if the EMail addersses are in the report, they are presumably in the query which underlies the report, why not create a record set based on the query, extract the adresses, then run the report.

Unless the time taken to run the query is unacceptable?

Regards
Ken Reay
Freelance Developer
kenneth.reay@talk21.com

That's what I am attempting now, but I am stuck trying to write the code. I'm not a programmer by trade, just stuck in this position temporarily due to maternity leaves. I have limited knowledge os access 2000 so I'm beating my head against the wall in between playing exec assistant and receptionist.....Thanks very much for your help! This forum has been a godsend and I hope to have this thing running when our folks return so that everyone's job will be easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back