Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email server

Status
Not open for further replies.

slick133

Technical User
Dec 22, 2002
CA
I'm running a backup server for a site so i'm running the dns for one of their sites. However for my own purposes i registered a domain and pointed it with a gripper so noone would know it was a redirection. Inany event i want to run a mail server that allows me to goto for webmail and get and recieve mail for my site and not theirs. I'm using mdaemon and it works great for the sending cause it adds my address on the end but since i'm running on the dns for the other site it leaves me going to the to check my e-mail and when sending to me@mysite.com it doesn't come in through mdaemon and let me get the e-mail. Does anyone know how i could set this up to egt e-mails from ym site and check mail from my site without setting up and other group for my domain on the DNS. Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back