Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email server went offline, now cannot receive certain emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

dt167

MIS
Sep 22, 2003
US
What started the problem:
This past weekend our cable modem went haywire and began only recognizing one of our two leased IPs. The IP that was lost was our email server's IP. This problem wasn't discovered until Monday morning.

Current Status of the situation:
After I discovered the problem Monday morning I got both of our servers back online and connecting to the internet. Once I got the mail server back online we began recieving some of the emails that were sent while the system was down, and we could send and recieve emails just fine...or so I thought.

It turns out that we have not been recieving emails from a certain domain since our server came back online. We run all emails through Trend Micro's Interscan but none of the emails from this domain are getting blocked or even showing up as being recieved by the mail server. We can email this domain just fine, but even after several attempts we have yet been able to recieve an email from them. They are able to send email to other people and were able to send emails to a Yahoo account of mine. I then forwarded their emails from my Yahoo account to my work account and got them just fine.

Our email domain is setup to be sent to the Trend Micro machine to be scanned and then it is forwarded to our internal Exchange 2000 server. I realize that this problem isn't probably in Exchange or Trend Micro's Interscan bc no configurations changes were made to bring the servers back online. So I am wondering what the problem could be, would our email server being down all weekend cause some other issues that I'm unaware of? Any help would be greatly appreciated bc I am out of ideas at the moment...Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back