Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Server Virus Issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nlee

MIS
Apr 29, 2003
PH
Hi guys,

I'm having a problem with my eMail Server. There's a lot of viruses and sends out to anybody in the address book, the virus is Klez-K. I am using MDaemon eMail server running on Windows 2000. I installed MDaemon Anti-Virus is not sufficient, still a lot of virus running on my eMail Server and its very painful and its coming back. I tried to install McAfee7 and Norton Antivirus 2003, but it causes a problem on recieving emails.

You guys can suggest me what anti-virus to use on that email server and get rid of those viruses.

Thanks in Advance guys..

--Noel

It's the server sending them, but the clients generating them!
You better clean them all FIRST!

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

I agree with Marc. You need up to date virus protection on the client computers also. In addition, don't expect a normal, retail workstation type antivirus product to protect an e-mail server. You will need an antivirus solution that is made for a mail server - McAfee, Norton, Trend all have versions for a server, but you won't find them at a retail store.

I have clean them all. I'm using McAfee7 and Norton Antivirus 2003 for workstation and it is updated. Anyways, thanks a lot =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back