Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email response time calculations...........HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TJVFree

Technical User
Nov 22, 2010
US
Hello,

I’ve been searching all over the internet but haven’t found the answer, but have not found the help I’m looking for, lucky for me that I found this form on many of my searches, and hope I can find the help I’m looking for
Th
I’m trying to find a way to calculate the response time from when at e-mail is received to when it has been responded to.
One step further would be if I can also see the calculation to when then email was resolved. I wish I would have sent this message last month, but at this time I’m needing to see back for the past 30 days.

Using MS access I’m able to import the sent email. What would be the best what for me to see how my team is doing, regarding the time we receive an email to response, but if is so time consuming.
Is there a way I can do this using the import from outlook in MS ACCESS?

Should I look at other software that will help me?
As of right now, I need to find a way to calculate for the past 30 days
Thank you for taking this challenge on. You guys help us little people out so much

Tyler

TCB

The fundamental problem is going to be matching / joining the sent and received items... but it sounds like you want the Datediff function and compare the Sent date/time on one message to the received date/time of the corresponding message.

Without specific matching value like a case or ticket number, I'd try the subject and the to of the sent and the from in the response. You'll probably have to do some manual scrubbing from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back