Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Repeatedly Sending itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamieNC

MIS
Jun 12, 2002
GB
One of our users is having problems with his Microsoft Outlook account. An email he sent to a client several weeks ago keeps resending itself to the client.

The user has not created any rules and has not knowingly messed about with the configuration of Outlook.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening, and how to stop it recurring?

Many thanks for your help,

Jamie

Are you sure that your user is sending it multiple times? Or could the client just be receiving it multiple times?

Hi,

Jamie, did you ever get a solution to this? I have exactly the same problem now. A week ago an email was sent through our exchange server and now the recipient is recieving the email every hr. All the default properties (apparently) were kept, and this is an isolated incident, so if you did come along a fix or a solution, please reveal it!!

Hi Jungles,

Sorry, but we never did get to the bottom of this one. The problem hasn't recurred since my original posting, so I didn't delve any further, I'm afraid. However, if I do get any more info I'll be sure to add it to the thread :)

Hi Jungles

I've had similar problems to you with Exchange (and it got worse with Service Pack 1 for Exchange 2003) but it seems to have settled down now though after I excluded the database folder from being scanned by the AV - not sure if it was linked but it seemed to coincide!

I have noticed several error messages with the outgoing connections to the ISP's mail server so I'm going to investigate these now to fix them anyway - these may be the cause by perhaps not fully finishing the transaction?!

Let me know if the above helps?

there is a hotfix I don't have in front of me but it especially affects the pop3 connector, it's a post sp1 hotfix

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back