Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email read on BB phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

novistech

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2003
US
Hi,

I am running BES 4.1 and one of my user does not like have this feature where he reads an email and it will show on the outlook that the email was read. How can I disable that?

thanks

I think the only way to do this would be to disable wireless reconcile from your handheld - this will stop the emails from being marked as read, but will also stop messages from being deleted on your desktop if you delete them from the blackberry.

After you have read the message on the BlackBerry, you can use the wheel to mark the message as unread, run "reconcile now", then delete the message _only_ on the handheld. That procedure will leave the messages unread in Outlook. This way you can peek at the message, determine that you'd rather read it in Outlook, mark it unread, reconcile now, delete it only on the handheld, then view it in Outlook at your leisure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back