Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email problems with NB 4.5 datacenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsept

IS-IT--Management
Jun 10, 2003
US
Hi,

I am not receiving vault reports or email notifications when jobs fail. I used to get them. All of my email settings in vault and in the master/client settings are the same as they were. A Veritas tech thought my nbmail file was corrupt because it was the generic file, no modifications for my environment. I restored a nbmail file from when my emails were working and it was the same generic file. I modified the nbmail file according to Veritas instructions and it still isn't working. Is there another way this was possibly set up? I am running w2k with the master/media server being the same server. Also I did recently install mp5. Veritas doesn't have any more advice for me. I can send emails to the backups distribution list from another email address and from a command line using blat.

Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back