Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email problem Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

St0rm

MIS
Oct 19, 2000
GB
I hope you can help, i'm trying to make a feedback form that you can select from a dropdown list who receives the feedback, I have got it to work but if then opens it up in an email where i want to to just send, then go to a new page

Can you help

----
<html>

<head>
<title> Feedback page </title>
<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
function feedback(toemail,feedname,feedemail,comments){
document.feedbackform.action = &quot;mailto:&quot; + toemail + &quot;?subject=Feedback&body=Feedback from: &quot; + feedname + &quot; ;&quot; + &quot;email: &quot; + feedemail + &quot; ;&quot; + &quot;Comments: &quot; + comments;
document.feedbackform.method = &quot;post&quot;;
document.feedbackform.enctype = &quot;text/plain&quot;;
}
</script>
</head>
<body>
<p>Feedback page</p>
<hr>
<form name=&quot;feedbackform&quot;
onSubmit=&quot;feedback(this.fsel.options[this.fsel.selectedIndex].value, this.fname.value, this.femail.value, this.comments.value)&quot;>
<p>Enter your name: <input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;fname&quot; size=&quot;20&quot;><br>
Enter your email: <input type=&quot;text&quot; name=&quot;femail&quot; size=&quot;20&quot;><br>
Comments: <textarea name=&quot;comments&quot; rows=&quot;1&quot; cols=&quot;20&quot;></textarea><br>
Comments apply to : <select name=&quot;fsel&quot; size=&quot;1&quot;>
<option value=&quot;XX@XX.net&quot; selected>XX@XX.net</option>
<option value=&quot;XX@XX.net&quot;>XX@XX.net</option>
</select> <br>
<input type=&quot;Submit&quot; value=&quot;Send your feedback&quot;> </p>
</form>
</body>
</html>

Hello,
I remember that feedback problem.
But now it is not very clear what you want to achieve after the user press &quot;Send your feedback&quot;.
Could you explain a little bit more?
D.

By using the mailto: action you send a email from the computers email address, which might not be that good since more and more people are using webmail.
Instead you should make a Form2Mail engine in CGI, if your host supports it.
//Daniel

Thanks for the replys

what i want to do is when the user clicked on send button on the web pages, is sents the email without opening the users own email and them havinging to click send. it also puts up a msgboxs which would be nice if it did not.

danielhozac i site i'm doing is on an intranet so thats not a problem, but thanks

I think i have my answer, is it that JS is client side so it can not automactical do that ie it is impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back