Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

drazeni

Programmer
Apr 21, 2001
ZA
I've recently installed an ISDN system with an email/proxy server (602Pro LAN Suite) and Outlook Express, and in an attempt to cut down on the paper used for printing all emails, was approached with the following 2 questions by my client:

1. Is it possible for a copy of all emails received by the recipients to be sent to a central location, so that in the event of a query, any of the email clients could be setup to browse through the email pool created? Because it could be difficult to go through each machine's email client to locate the relevant email. In other words, central electronic filing for all emails received within the organization.

I have thought about creating a seperate mailbox for the forwarding but how can I go about giving access to it by all the users?

2. Furthermore, is there an easy way of creating a rule or something, dependant on the email senders address, whereby a folder is created (maybe within the inbox) for that specific person/organization or if the folder exists, the email is appended to the existing folder?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. "All is not as it seems"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back