Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBennett

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2000
GB
OK, so is it just us?!!

We have backup job notifications sent to us from clients - mainly Backup Exec 9 and 9.1. All sent via SMTP using Exchange server on the same box as backup.
Since the clocks went back last weekend (in the UK), all the notifications have stopped.
I've had to log into each client site (about 10) and switch notification back on each backup job.

Clients with Backup Exec 7 and 8 are still OK.
Anyone else had this "feature"?

Regards
David

I've been using the email notifications and it's worked right through the time change. Running 9.1 patched.

I'm Certifiable, not certified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

We had the same issue, our time for the backup jobs were changed by 1 hour and the notifications were not working after the end of DST. I had to go into options and recheck the send smtp notifications, then reboot the server for everything to work correctly. I'm hoping we don't have this "feature" in the spring.

Kim

Well I'm glad it wasn't just us:)

They like to keep us our toes!

Regards
David

I had the same issue too, but not on all servers

they all run be9.1

strange...

Me too ... with two customers.

knonw issue Nov. 03 :

No Patch or Hotfix planned !!!
"This issue is currently being considered by VERITAS Software to be addressed in the next major revision of the product."

does major revision mean ver. 10.0 ?

Some of you mention that you were affected and others say that you weren't. For those who were, did any of your scheduled jobs span the duplicated (or skipped) hour?

JB

Hi,

All our backups are scheduled to run at 22:00 or 23:00.
None would have been running on Sunday at 02:00 when the clocks go back to GMT in the UK.

Regards
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back