Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Notification of Disk Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebel4k

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2002
GB
Hello everyone. I am new to Compaq Insight Manager. I would like to set up email notification that notifies me when a hard disk is 90% full. How can this be done? Do I need to set up some kind of threshold?

Thanks

You will have to set up thresholds for the disks, using control task and also set up an an email notification task, and apply this to a query. You will also have to set up an account for Insight manager to use on your mail server, so that this account will be used to send email notifications.Also you need to configure Insight manager for email . I have set all this up using an old version of comapq insight manager and Insight manager HP version 7 sp2, but when i set the warning and critical levels below the threshold levels to test, I am not receiving any emails. But when i check the logs, they show that alarms have been raised as disk space has passed the threshold levels. Any ideas anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back