Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email map contents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandman03

Programmer
Feb 18, 2004
CA
I have used the Outlook object method of sending an email from a map and it works great. I am doing an 820 Payment Advice map and would like to email the contents of the report file that is created.

Does anyone know if there is an easy way of "attaching" the contents of the map's results to the email that I'm sending? Otherwise I will go through the map and take every field I want to send, and format them at the same time.

I just find that having to do this would be redundant since I already did all of that when I did the map itself.

I didn't make this clear but I am working in Gentran...Anyway I'm now using the Attachments method of my mail object. It works great, however the report file that I wish to attach isn't even created until the entire map is processed.

I have another question: in the Gentran help it says that the "Post Session" rules aren't executed until the translation object is processed. Doesn't this imply that the Export file that is generated by the translation object should be created before the Post-Session is executed? If it actually did this it would be more helpful.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sandman:

You could use a MAPI gateway mailbox if you have this Option installed.

You would export the doc to a file, and then have a Collection mailbox pick up the file and deliver it to a MAPI mailbox, with your users' email addresses configured in.

If you're using Gentran Server for Window 4.x, then you can export directly to the MAPI mailbox, if my info is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back