Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

email link on db driven page

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhelpquick

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2001
GB
Hi there,
I have a problem in that I can't get the email results from a database on to a web page so that the emal address is clickable and loads up the email software just as mailto: does.
One guy gave me this code but it still doesn't work

<%
response.write &quot;<a href=&quot;&quot; & (Recordset1.Fields.Item(&quot;&quot;email&quot;&quot;).Value)&quot; & &quot;>To Email, Click Here</a>&quot;
%>

This seems to me to be a simple thing for Ultradev to do but I just can't work it out.
I really appreciate any help you can give.
Best regards
Richard

Thanks, I tried that but it still didn't work. Any other ideas?

<%
response.write &quot;<a href=&quot;&quot;mailto:&quot;;;&quot; & (Recordset1.Fields.Item(&quot;&quot;email&quot;&quot;).Value)&quot; & &quot;>To Email, Click Here</a>&quot;
%>

The text is linked just to the mailto: and not the address that preceeds it. I appreciate your help.
Regards
Richard

try it this way:

response.write &quot;<a href=&quot;&quot;mailto:&quot; & (Recordset1.Fields.Item(&quot;email&quot;).Value)&quot; & &quot;&quot;&quot;>To Email, Click Here</a>&quot;

I finally figured out what it was - it's simply -

<a href=&quot;mailto:<%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item(&quot;email&quot;).Value)&quot;%>&quot;><%=(Recordset1.Fields.Item(&quot;email&quot;).Value)%></a>

Just thought you may be interested
Cheers
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back