Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Link not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbgoode

IS-IT--Management
May 19, 2000
US
When clicking on an e-mail link in IE I get a message box stating "cannot create file".  I am using IE 5 and Outlook 97.  Outlook appears to be opening then I get the message and Outlook shuts down.  I've checked the file associations in My computer and it is set up for Outlook.  Any ideas?

is this at a URL? if so, what's the URL? I can take a look if it's a bad link... otherwise, right-click on the link, hit &quot;Copy Shortcut&quot;, and then select &quot;Paste&quot; in the &quot;To:&quot; box. You'll just need to knock out the &quot;mailto:&quot; in the beginning if it's a real email link. If not, there's your problem: it's not a real email link in the first place. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back