Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruno2000

Technical User
Mar 31, 2002
SE
I know that this question belongs in the email issues forum but that forum is so slow..
I'm going to reinstall my computer and i want to backup all my emails ,but i need to know in what directory they're located?

What I would do if you are using Outlook is create a .pst (personal folder) and save it somewhere on my C drive or you can save to a disk. Throw all your email in that folder and just save that file. If you are only reinstalling the Operating System put that file somewhere other then the System folder and you should be able to reinstall your OS without losing any other data. -Brad
A+, MCSE NT4, MCDBA SQL7

-Best cartoon of all time :-D 'Spongebob Squarepants' :-D

If it's outlook express, go here and search for 'backup' under Outlook Express. There's a few articles there about saving emails, the address book, and other stuff:

Also read through these pages:

But maybe the best way is to copy and paste all the relevant info into Notepad or Wordpad files and back those up onto a cd. I've seen people have problems accessing their saved emails and such after backing them up the way those links show. An additional way would be to forward all the messages you want to save to a free Yahoo account for the time being.

There are also programs that'll backup those emails for you. You may find one at by doing a search for 'backup outlook express'. I don't have time to go look for one right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back