Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Initiated Outcalling list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stownsend

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
I have a Mobile Device that when I press a Button it sends an email. Press and Hold, sends a Different email and double press sends a 3rd email. I want to capture these emails and then have the Avaya Call people depending on which email it gets.

Is there a way to have the Avaya IPO 500 v2 R9.1 or VMPro 9.1 receive the email and then initiate a Call based on that email? Something like initiate outcalling?

Can I manually place a WAV file in a User's Mailbox that would then initiate OutCalling List? I could Write an App that parses the emails and copies files to specific Folders.

Thanks,

NO

reason:
there is 1 in 100.000 customers that would like that and would be willing to pay an extra $100 for it vs the 10.000 developers hours they would have to spend to make that work and another 10.000 hours to fix it after releasing it as new feature.

TBH I would not know of anyone that would find that feature useful. But I don't know all people so that means there are some out there. You for one :)

If we want a feature we can always request it from Avaya and they will then in return ask around who wants it and how many more systems they can sell with that so you can try your luck.
I had a few requests over the years and all but 1 or 2 have been turned down and the ones I asked for took them years and requests from most people here on TT for the same things.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Sorry Westi. Unless I've seriously misunderstood the question, the answer is YES.

You might need to look in to the multichannel flexibility of Avaya Contact Centre Select with IP Office.

Avaya Contact Centre Select is a contact centre solution providing you with fully integrated multi-channel capabilities with telephony,email,web chat, fax and SMS.

Outbound Campaign Blending with inbound traffic
Blending outbound campaigns with incoming calls significantly improves agent productivity and can transform a service centre to a revenue generating business unit. When a campaign is active and a call needs to be made, Avaya Contact Centre Select watches agent status and sends a notification of an outgoing call whenever an agent becomes available and enters a ready state.

Email
Any time that a customer contacts you by email, Avaya Contact Centre Select can automatically send a response to let your customer know their email was received. From the business side, an agent is alerted to the incoming email transaction. Clicking on the email icon will open and accept the customer’s email.
@stownsend to answer your specific question, their Avaya Aura Agent Desktop (AAAD) will alert the agent of presentation of an incoming work item being offered (audibly and visually).The email work item rings like a phone call.

ACCS is absolutely all over this.

For further information, speak to your preferred Avaya Business Partner.

A madman with a taste for speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back