Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email from select external users posted to public folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeleneP

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
US
I've had a request from one of my users that any email correspondence from or to any users of 2 specific domains from or to any of our internal users be posted into a public folder when it arrives or is sent, so that all correspondence is kept together.

Obviously we don't want all mail posted there, just the mail from or to these 2 domains.

Short of setting rules for every user, is there some way of setting a policy to do this?

Thanks in Advance

Would any mail to either domain have to be copied to the other?

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

The 2 domains in question are not ours, they're clients. What my user wants to do is collate all correspondance to and from them into 1 public folder. Mail to the clients could come from anyone in my company to anyone at either client and mail from the clients would be coming from anyone at my company.

It may only be a couple of messages a day between a few (unspecified) people but I don't want to have to create Outlook rules for every user.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Ugh, I was thinking maybe you could do some fancy forwardign to the public folder and to the client, but that would nto work for multiple users on the client side.

I can't think of any other solution than to use rules.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back