Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Forwarding to Exchange Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

speaktek

Programmer
Dec 7, 2002
US
Have had no luck in making this work. Traces show email error 550. Vender suggests DNS Suffix setting...and I've tried several possibilities. I set email address to user@server_IP_Address. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

Do you have a copy of the documentation AltiGen has for exchange integration? If not, I can try to get it uploaded or something here.

If you want direct integration (messages in both exchange and voicemail, delete one it deletes the other), you will have to join the AltiGen to the domain, change the users that run the various servers, and make that user an exchange administrator.

-C.

--
Nathan Reed
Jones Telecommunications, Inc.

Chiacomo:
Not looking for full integration (have documentation)...just want to send VM-emails to our local users via the Exchange Server. Currently I send them to our off site server, and then that gets relayed to our Exchange Server.

The Altigen server in on the Domain, and I have the user name 'Altigen' listed as an Exchange User...but will add him as Exchange Admin also.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll let you know how this works out!

Still no luck. Added the 'Altigen' user and server to Exchange and Admin groups...but no change. Again, I'm setting the VM-email forward address to user@XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (IP address of Exchange Server). I have other systems that can use this format for emailing via Exchange server...but the Altigen server will not. Altigen suggested it may be an issue with the DNS suffix...and I've tried several different entries, but no luck. Any ideas? Thanks...

Checking services, is the SMTP server running? It should be listed as "AltiGen SMTP Service" in the services list...

-C.

--
Nathan Reed
Jones Telecommunications, Inc.

AltiGen SMTP Service Com Server" is running on the Altigen system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back