Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email forwarding - internally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2002
US
This is probably a simple question. But I wanted to know the best way to set up automatic email forwarding within a very small organization. I'd like to have it where an email comes to myemail@mydomain.com and is automatically forwarded to youremail@mydomain.com and hisemail@mydomain.com. Please keep in mind that all mydomain.com email addresses are hosted on a single exchange 2000 box. Thanks in advance for the help

I answered my own question.......FYI for those who may have the same question. You simply go to your email enabled user in "AD Users and Computers", click on the user and go to properties, go to the exchange general tab, click delivery options, select 'forward to' then go to modify and add the users you want to have all mail forwarded to. If you also want the mail to be recieved by the original box as well as being forwarded, you'll want to check the Deliver messages to both forwarding address and mailbox checkbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back