Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email form Access: Different Attachment to different emails

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSO456

Technical User
Jul 23, 2001
US
I have an Access table that shows the following info:

Client Name Email Attachments
ABC Inc. ABC@air.com C:\Folder\file1.pdf
DEG Corp. DEG@out.com C:\Folder\file2.pdf
FGO Inc. FGO@test.com C:\Folder\file1.pdf
GIO Inc. GIO@ert.com C:\Folder\file1.pdf

These clients receive PDF files via email. Currently, I manually type in the name of the client in an email and manually attach the appropriate PDF files from a folder on my local drive. Some clients receive more than one PDF file some are sent only one. I would like to automate this process in Access. I have over 200 clients in the table so you can imagine how difficult it is to manually add all these PDFs and send the emails. I would like to have the VBA code to cycle through the client names and attach the PDF files and send the emails out. I tried to work on this before but my VBA experience is limited. I would appreciate your help with this request.

Thanks
Jill

Jill,

What is your table name, I will take a look at this as I send stuff with attached files programatically all the time...

Trisha
padinka@yahoo.com

Hi Trisha,

The table name is Clients.

Thank you
Jill

A couple more questions. Does a file go to more than one person and what mail program are you using?

Trisha
padinka@yahoo.com

Hi Trisha,

Thanks for helping out. Yes the file may go to one or more people. I use Outlook.

Thanks

Jill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back