Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email feedback form

Status
Not open for further replies.

MHUK

Programmer
Nov 30, 2002
GB
Hi

Is it possible to create a simple feedback form using Javascript? On my website I just need a simple page where a user enters into a field their own email address, name and comments - so effectively 3 fields. They they click submit and that data is sent to an email address (my own email address) and they are diverted to a page that just says "thank you for your comments".

I know this is possible using PHP but is this all possible using Javascript?

Thank you for any help.

MHUK

You could use html.

Code:
<form action="mailto:me@mysite.com?subject=Great_Site">
<input type="text" name="comments">
</form>

hth

Simon

Be aware that simonchristieis solution will alert the user that the form is being submited via email which is inherently not secure. It's not very "polished" - especially if you already have access to a php solution...

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build better and bigger idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rick Cook (No, I'm not Rick)

zen.gif

Also realize that your email address will be visible to the internet so you'll have to take steps to "mask it" from email harvesters.

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back