Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Error on Windows 10 Using FaxComExlib

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auguy

Programmer
May 1, 2004
US
OK, still don't have this resolved. Anybody have any ideas? Is there a newer version of FaxComEx I need? I couldn't find one.

Original Thread : thread796-1781138

Having trouble sending email from a new Windows 10 64 bit computer. The application has been running fine on Windows 7 computers for quite a while. On the new computer I can send emails with a text file attachment but not tiff files or tiff files used as the body of the email, or PDF's. On each of the computers I have Interop.FAXCOMEXLib.dll in the same folder as the executable. this works fine on all of the other computers. I have set the default app for tiff files to the Windows Picture Viewer as well as System32 and SysWow64, but this didn't solve the problem. I also set the default for PDF's to Acrobat. The error I get is
Could not load type 'FAXCOMEXlib.IFaxServer2' from asembly 'Inerop.FAXCOMEXLib. version=1.0.0.0, Culture=Neutral, PublicKey Token=null'

Auguy
Sylvania/Toledo Ohio

Can you use something else, like System.Net.Mail, to send your emails?

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back