Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Delivery Option not working from a SG90V

Status
Not open for further replies.

iancrowl

MIS
Mar 8, 2010
US
We have ShoreWare Director; build 16.23.5609.0. We have the main server where the ShoreTel phone system software is installed. This is named "Host" in ShoreWare Director We also have 2 SG90V switches named "SW1" and "SW2" Recently, we had an RMA for a new SG90V switch(which replaced SW1). Leading up to the replacement of SW1, we had users on the switch with voicemail.

A few of the users rely on the feature, where if they receive a voicemail, it also emails them a wav copy of the voice message. To my knowledge, the users in question were on SW1. Because it kept causing issues, we moved all users to SW2. In and around this time, the email message with the wav file stopped sending. We have moved users between SW1 and SW2 with no success. We tested by moving a user to Host, and this functionality started working. Moving the same user back to SW1 or SW2 and the functionality ceases.

On the client machines, we are using Windows 7, 64bit and Office 2010, 64bit. We also have ShoreTel Communicator 11.1 build 16.23.5609.0. Before you say that it’s not compatible, let me say that the emails with wav files do send regardless if Communicator is open, as long as a user is on Host. Moreover, before we had to RMA SW1, we know for a fact that only a handful of users were on Host (and by handful, I mean 5 users) the other users were on SW1 with a few on SW2. I am also confident that the users who rely on this email delivery of their voicemails were on SW1 as well.

My question is, what type of settings can I look at to restore the functionality of the emails being sent?

I look forward to any responses.

Thanks
Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back