Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email deletion settings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlc9

MIS
Aug 15, 2007
US
From an Exchange 2003 admin perspective, is it possible to set global permissions on a particular mailbox so that no emails can be deleted out of it?

I have a user account with associated mailbox, and multiple people have access rights to the said box. I want to be able to set globally, or otherwise, so that nobody can delete emails from the box. Thanks

Not for EX2003 unfortunately unless you give the users custom rights on the individual folders which don't permit deletion rather than full mailbox access.

i.e. You'd need to give them say Publishing Editor then remove the delete right for the folder.

Neill

If the goal is some sort of retention policy, you'd be better off going with a third party archiving tool. If you just want a record of all emails, then journaling (yikes) would be a poor man's solution.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Hopefully it is more a case of fat fingers and the delete key. :)

Get it a lot with our file systems.
User - The folder / file has just disappeared.
Me - Uh huh. So nobody just deleted it or clicked and dragged it then?
User - No of course not, none of my people would be that.. Oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back