Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email contents of specific forms to different email addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

roddy17

Technical User
Jul 27, 2001
CA
hi there
I am trying to create an Access 2000 application that will send an email to which ever person is selected. But i'm not sure how to do this or where to begin with coding the email part. I am trying to make this as simple to use as possible for some of my users.

I created a switchboard that will have buttons that take the user to several forms (each of these buttons has a person's name on it). The idea is that the corresponding form opens and has an EMAIL button which would be used exclusively to email the contents of that form to the person clicked on (at the switchboard).
E.g. if the user clicks Person A at the switchboard, then the corresponding form opens with Person A's name at the top. Then there is a memo box for the user to type in, and an EMAIL button and CANCEL button for the user to use.
Is it possible for Access 2000 to email each form to a different email address if we hard code the EMAIL button on each form? What would that code look like?
Can Access 2000 email just the contents of the memo box or does it need to send the whole form?

thanks
roddy

You are making this too hard. You don't need a button for everyone. What if there are 400 in your organization?

The simple method would be to have a single form with a single combobox that selects the Name and Email from a table.

tblRecipients
Name
Email

Look up SendObject in the Access help files and it is pretty comprehensive. Just write the code to build the data for the SendObject. My application sends agendas/minutes out to everyone who attended a meeting by matching the list of attendees to the Name, and Email, building the Subject, SendTo list, Body and sending it out seconds after a meeting.

Steve King

Growth follows a healthy professional curiosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back