Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Client for MAC to connect to Groupwise Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mixerugo

MIS
Apr 22, 2002
US
My wife is looking for a MAC email client that can be used with a groupwise server. She was using the groupwise client but for some reason it didn't have all of the features that were needed. I am not aware of the full story but anyway does anyone know of another MAC client would could use to connect to GW. Thanks.

If you have WebAccess running you don't need a client, just your choice of browser (with some exclusions).

Cheers,

Mark ;-)

What features is she looking to use?

Yes, the GroupWise client for Mac just doens't cut it very well. Like most enterprise e-mail packages, your wife has many options, but only the ones her IS department has made avilable to her. She will never get the full functionality she may be looking for with a third party client.

What I have done for Mac users at schools I service was make IMAP4 avilable so the MAcs can use an email client other than GroupWise; the other was to just have users use the WebAccess. Now with the introduction of NetWare 6 and GroupWise 6 user are happy with just the WebAccess; it gives them pretty much every feature GroupWise has to offer with just a few exceptions. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer

Why do user go into a panic when a NetWare server goes down, but accept it as normal when a Windows server goes down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back