Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email broadcast in Outlook 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbl

MIS
Sep 6, 2001
CA
I am setting up a document to send to a number of people by email (using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000 server) as a "broadcast" - to prevent other recipients from knowing who else is receiving the document. The procedure requires that the document be done in MS Word and a mail merge be performed. The original document is in Arial font. If I just paste the document into a new blank mail item, it goes out fine. But when I tried to broadcast it, the recipients all receive the item in Courier font and the logo at the top of the page is not sent. Obviously people are sending mail via broadcasts that contain graphics and different fonts. I've even tested this ith an shtml document from a web site with the same result (courier font, no graphics). What am I doing wrong?
Any help would be appreciated.

~
We are having a similar problem and wonder if anyone ever found a resolution to the above issue.

We have Outlook 2K and need to send broadcast emails (so everyone gets their individual "TO" field and sees no one else). But we also need to include both graphics and text in those emails.

The .doc looks perfect in Word. The broadcast emails have the personalized "TO" fields and see no one else. However, the broadcast email recipients do NOT see the graphics -- only the formatted text.

As a note, if we build an email directly in an Outlook message body, including graphics and formatted text, the received email correctly shows the body. Of course, then we can't "broadcast".

Another note: Access generates the list of email addresses. We currently create special contacts folders and import the lists as needed. We are working on automating Outlook. We can loop through a recordset of these addresses to send individual emails but don't know how to approach getting graphics and special formatted text into the body of the message.

Has anyone accomplished any of the above tasks or know where else I might look for resolutions? All help will be greatly appreciated.

PS: Although this is a "mass" emailing, it is not spam. We are contacting a limited marketing area containing our past customers. We could sit and send 50 individual emails, but the owners want automation.

db
~

~*~*~*~*~*~
Just because you don't know what I'm doing doesn't mean I'm doing nothing.
~*~*~*~*~*~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back