Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email application to send ASP based email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bwintech

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
GB
Hi

I have previously been using cdonts and cdosys to send asp based mail - basically looping through a recordset of emails adresses and generating the body of the each email with the results of a query to the db using that email address. Hence each email is dynamically sent and generated. This was working fine but Im looking for an application to do this because I want the functionality to monitor the emails and schedule different types of emails. I have been searching everywhere and cant find anything suitable, I would be most appreciative of any recommendations or assistance. Do such applications exist?

Thank you kindly

Regards,
Brett

assuming you're using NT systems, then the task manager in the control panel will allow scheduling...

you could also write a small vb/c++ app to make it go on schedules

Bastien

cat, the other other white meat

>> Do such applications exist?
Ever heard of SPAM? [hammer]

>> I have been searching everywhere

Well not quite everywhere

A google search for mass email returns the first link pointing to
I am not endorsing this product just providing evidence of the search result [lol]

-pete
[sub]I just can't seem to get back my IntelliSense[/sub]

sure palbano, now we're all going to get mail from Bwintech [laughtears]

[sup] [/sub]

Not a problem for me. I hacked his database and changed every record to your email address!

[machinegun] ...(SPAM)

-pete
[sub]I just can't seem to get back my IntelliSense[/sub]

[sleeping] wonder how hard a redirect for incoming mail would be to write [lol]

[sup] [/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back