Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email an address put into a HTML form

Status
Not open for further replies.

danno74

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2002
US
Greetings,

Anyone know of an example I can work off from of an email form that once you submit it, not only does it send the form submission to the predefined email addresses in the HTML, but also to an email input as an element in the form? Someone told I may need a database to interface with it in order to store the variable and then send the email using that data.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

- Dan

You don't need a database unless you truly want to store the email for later use. If you just want to send the email to an address typed into the form, you can just use just a standard input to grab the email address, and use that in the email script which of course is not a Javascript thing, but a server side thing.

So I'd start at looking what sever side programming language is available and search for email scripts using that.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

We aren't allowed to edit the email script on our web server. Any work around for that or do I have to edit the mail script to get this to work? I suppose I could create my own and try to get it to work.

Thanks for your prompt reply, Phil.

- Dan

Again this is not something you can do with Javascript,
and since we don't know how your mail script works, there's very little I can suggest other than maybe using an intermediate script and have it call your mail script twice. Once for the regular email, and a second time for your other email.

Phil AKA Vacunita
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back