Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Address for Public Folder 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WANguy2k

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
US
I set up a public folder to route emails to for several people to access. I want to set up a new email address for this purpose. Do I have to associate the email address with a specific existing user, or add a user for the new email address? Can I have an email address that only belongs to a folder, not a user?

If I need to add a user for this purpose, what's the minimum access I can grant the user, so no one can use it for another purpose?

Thanks, lander! This looks like just what I need. It also answers a question I had about creating phantom emails addresses I can use to receive undesirable emails without including them in the Global Address Book. Every time I tried to do it but hide the address from the GAB, the address wouldn't receive emails. I'll try it an post here with any problems.

Thanks again.

How about when the scenerio is posting from an Access database to a public folder that's a calendar? Warning - I'm a newbie, so hopefully something as clear as the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back