Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Address conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2002
GB
Hi,

We recently had a mail enabled public folder that had an email:
pubfolder@ourcompany.com

However, I have mail-disabled the folder and added that email to a user object so that the user will get mails directed to that email address.

Unfortunately now everyone is getting NDRs. I'm pretty sure all that is needed is a refresh, perhaps removal of the object from the GAL so that the system doesn't get confused as to where to send mails to that email, but I have waited a day now and no joy.

Can anyone help me with refreshing the GAL or the server so that mails go to the right place?

Will

Just found out that external mails to the address work fine. It is internally that doesn't work. When people send messages to that email address, their auto-complete seems to be using the old pub-folder object instead of using the new email address (which of course isn't new, its the same!). Is this something that needs to be refreshed locally on the Outlook client? Can I push the refresh from the server to Outlook so that it doesn't try to send to the old disabled object?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back