Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email adapter - trying to use text file contents as body of email

Status
Not open for further replies.

mseedig

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
US
I have a query in my mdq that I run in a map rule, generating a text file as output. What I am tying to do next is in a subsequent map, read in that text file and send the contents as the body of an email. It seems no matter what I do, I can't get it to work. I can successfully generate an email with the name of the text file and the network directory location of the text file, but when I try to put the actual contents of the text file into the email body, I get nothing. I am reading in the file as a blob, if that makes any difference. I know this is probably elementary, and if I can generate and send an email with the name of the file and its directory location, I should be able to send the contents. If anybody has any ideas, I'd appreciate hearing them.

are you using package() or seriestotext() in your email cmd? Sometimes seriestotext works where package doesn't.

Thanks, eyetry. I will try the seriestotext as soon as I have a chance. I have my fingers crossed! Thanks for the tip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back