Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

eMail action in VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipo412

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2006
US
I am trying to get an email to be sent after a message has been left in a group mailbox via a call flow. I am trying to accomplish this in the call flow, like this:

Start > Menu (opt 7) > Leave Mail (Success)> eMail

I cannot get it to email me anything.

I tested the email portion of it by placing an eMail action after the Menu option above and it works correctly, but no message of course.

I know that I could just enable voicemail broadcast for the group, but that is not what I am looking to do. This is for emergency situations and want a specific action to occur.

Any ideas?

Think the problem is that the user will hang up to complete leaving the message, therefore the callflow will end before it gets på eMail.

Enable email on another huntgroup or user and leave the messages in the group/user.

I am not sure if I follow your second sentence. Additionally, couldn't I test the original scenario by terminating the voicemail using # (which I have tried unsuccessfully btw)?

To use the Success /Failure of the Leave Mail action you need to running in IP Office mode.
If you push "0" whilst listening to the message you will follow the Failure path.
If you push "0" after listening to the message and the after the tone, you will follow the Success path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back