Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Accounts, Exchange, Outlook and the iPhone Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil8

MIS
Mar 3, 2006
US
I couple of quick questions. With the Exchange Active Synch for the iPhone emails, some of us have more than one email account coming into our Outlook. For example I have a @mywork.com account, a hotmail account and a securities account. All this gets sent to my phone. Can I restrict which email accounts get set to my phone? Also can I set up the iPhone to reply with the correct account information? Right now in the above example all replys come from the @mywork.com account.

Is all of the mail from all of those accounts going into the same Inbox? I have three MAPI (Exchange) accounts, and three POP3 accounts all configured in the same Outlook profile, and have no problems with the iPhone.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Thanks for taking the time to help me. Yes all of them are going to the same Outlook profile. They work fine, but because of some regulations I don't want the securities emails getting pushed to the iPhone, but stay in the Outlook inbox. If this is possible.

The same Outlook Profile is not necessarily the same Inbox. Each of mine go to a separate Inbox within the same profile. If you have yours all going to the same Inbox folder, you're going to find it difficult to accomplish what you need, since you're actually dumping mail from other accounts into your Exchange mailbox.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Which is what I expected. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back