Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email account for utility (spam, Arcserve, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsella

MIS
Mar 20, 2003
CA
Hi,

I need to have a couple of email addresses hidden from the GAL. I can send and receive emails with hidden addresses from the GAL. Everything works fine except for Arcserve Alert Manager. For it to work properly, it needs to "see" the address in the GAL meaning that when I click to hide the address from the GAL, the emails are not sent when my backups are done.

Is there a way to show that email account only to administrators? That would solve my problem.

I was thinking of creating 2 GAL, get rid of the default one and give access to everyone to GAL #1 with filtering out the utility accounts and GAL#2 to the admin group only. Is there a better way?

Thanks a lot.

C.

You could try it without any workarounds. Create something like Serveradminonly and notify everyone never ever to use it, those who do ... well ...

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back