Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Email Access 2007 Report as PDF Attachment to multiple recipients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HacH

Programmer
Dec 24, 2002
GB
Hi,

I have read a lot of posts in this forum but still cannot get my head around this so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that has already been answered.

I have a report that provides detailed information (similar to an invoice) for multiple customers. Each customer has a unique ID and the report is grouped by this and a page break is inserted where the customer ID changes in the report.

I would like to email the report to each customer (with only their details) as an attachment. I have email addresses in the query that is used to generate the report. I am aware that I can do this be running the report for each customer seperately but there are over 140 so I would like to automate it, so it sends the relevant report to each customer automatically.

I am a beginer to VBA so if any code examples/samples are available it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks for your help in advance.

Hach

I have been struggling with this over the weekend but I will try and go through the link you have provided. Thank You.

No problem. I know 2007 has built-in PDF capability, but I still use this:

I don't know if it's easier than the built-in method, but figured I'd post it here just in case someone needed it.

Paul
MS Access MVP 2007/2008

I'm curious to this as well.
I read through those links and I do have a question.

I understand looping through a list of email addresses to send to, but not sure how they are producing unique reports for each user by filtering on the reports OnOpen event.
Where does this filter information come from if it's supposed to be automatic?

In my mind, I have a table of users w/ their email addys.
I'd run a loop to gather the emails, but how do you automatically pass the parameters to the OnOpen event to the report based off of each users id to generate the report?

Does that make sense? It seems like something is missing in that first link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back