Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EM hangs network (I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

evoroel

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
BE
Recently I was designing a small ASP.Net application with an SQL server backend.

All was going well until my "pc" got really slow.

After investigating the slowdown occurs when Enterprise Manager is connected to my server (SQL Server 2000 on a Win2k3).

All applications that use the network (SourceSafe, explorer, but IExplorer seems not to be affected, only when opening a new window...) hang every 15 seconds for about 15 seconds.

Even an explorer window that is open on a local drive hangs.

I have checked both the event viewers on the server and workstation. No reports there. When the "hang" occurs there is no excessive processor or network load.

I have also scanned both the workstation as the server on virusses and spyware, but didn't find anything.

Both EM and SQL server have the latest SP.

Reïnstalling EM didn't help.

I have also tried to make a db connection from VS.Net and this works without the hang issue, so for now I can work, but I like to get EM back up and workable.

Any thoughts?

Tnx
Roel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back