Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

.em Files what are they and where do they come from!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdeane

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2001
GB
I manage a 300 user site spread across 11 counties in the UK, and management of 11 Netware 5 servers with 64k frame relay with NWADMIN is often painful, biggest issues are generally space, which of course is always a premium. Anyway I'm rambling... looking for space as i often do, i generally always head of to groupwise folders and here I find in the directory a 4.2mb file .em thats it just .em, i searched the rest of the volume and every directory had a .em 384 in total. Has anybody got any ideas what this file is, is it virus related for instance.
All help gratefully rewarded.

Tony Tony Deane
Technical Director

I've seen this extension with MacIntosh.

"Em files Loading first in the start up process to load the selected control panels and extensions that are determined by the Extensions Manager control panel, which can also be
accessed at start-up by holding down the space key"

I think I also remember seeing some sort of em files in Apache, and on Government websites for pdf files.

Or it could be someone's personal e-mail folder, maybe they called it em for e-mail? Do you know what's in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back