Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

EM 7.5 Unable to access System Passwords -Trying to add an LAPW account

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobertb

Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
US
I wanted to add a LAPW user via Element Manager found I am no longer presented with System Passwords under the Security-Password heading

Per NTP
Adding an LAPW user by using Element Manager
1. Log on to Element Manager using a System password level 2 account that has
Administer Accounts privilege.
2. Click Security > Passwords > System Passwords.
The Password Accounts List page appears.

I only get "Customer Passwords" not "System Passwords" as an option

[li]The LD117 reports its self to be joined to the Security Domain and all Elements are registered.[/li]
[li]I logged into EM using the "admin" account created in UCM and it has every right possible asigned to it.[/li]
[li]I've created a 'test" account in UCM that has every right possible as well[/li]
[li]Still can't get "System Passwords" to show up with either account[/li]
[li]If it makes any difference...both these accounts can log into PDT in the CLI[/li]
Am I maybe actualy not using a "level 2 account" as per the NTP?

In 7.5 since everything is registered to UCM that is where you configure your users.

Thank you KFCLHRC,

I'm still stumped...
I get that you create user accounts in UCM but I need to allow a user only limited access to overlays Ie; LD 10,20,95.

When you create a user account in UCM there is nothing allowing you to lockdown CLI access.(At least that I can find)
You can create a user that has something like "All elements of the type: Call Server"

The info referenced above comes right out of the 7.5 NTP Security Management Fundamentals
Avaya Communication Server 1000
. I should be able to at least see the prompt referenced of "System Passwords"

You need to define a Role (under Security on the main UCM page) and then assign that role to a user. If I'm not mistaken, after you define a name and description for the new role, you would pick "Call Servers" and then "CS1000". That will bring you to a screen which lets you choose what access users with that role have.

You shouldn't be logging into Element Manager with the admin 2 account anyway, you should be using one of the accounts in UCM.

OK Guys..Got it! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

For those who don't want to spend half the day figuring this out yourself...

To add a new user with limited CLI terminal access (aka: LAPW account)
[ul]
[li]Go to UCM Homepage[/li]
[li]ROLES-ADD[/li]
[li]Add a new role name and description of your choice[/li]
[li]SAVE & EXIT[/li]
[li]Role Details[/li]
[li]Add Mapping[/li]
[li]Group Name >Call Servers[/li]
[li]Element Name > CS1000[/li]
[li]NEXT[/li]
[li]Template for permissions set: Default CS1000 Permissions[/li]
[li]Make sure[/li]
[li]Pick & Choose setting you want to allow user[/li]
[li]SAVE[/li]
[li]Back at ROLE DETAILS[/li]
[li]SAVE[/li]
[li]Hit REFRESH to see that you added a new ROLE[/li]
[li]Go back to UCM Home page[/li]
[li]User Services/Administrative Users[/li]
[li]Add your new user to have limited access privileges[/li]
[li]Logout of UCM[/li]
[li]In order for them to login to CLI you have to 1)Log back into UCM with your new users name & temp password 2)Change their password 3)Log out of UCM[/li]
[li]Log into PBX CLI and test that they have access only to what you’ve allowed[/li]
[/ul]*****DONE*****
I haven’t figured out a way for them to change their own password unless you give them access to UCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back