Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ellipse Explorer 5.2.3.2 in Windows 7 Pro 64B 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

willMMR

MIS
Sep 28, 2011
ID
To start, let me say that I know nothing about this application other than how to install it. We managed to get things to work in Windows 7 and Windows 2008, but not without giving the user local admin rights.

For the life of me, I can't find what rights they need to get this to work. Does anyone have any ideas? When launching EE without admin rights the application gives the following error:

"No Servers defined in CICS configuration file"

My company just deployed a GPO that kills all local admins for the users and has now rendered this app useless.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,

We're still looking for the work around for the same problem : ellipse 5.2.3.7 and windows 7.
Have you already found any clues ?

rgds,
moekti

No we have not. Still waiting to see if anyone knows.

thanks

Here's the Solution for Mr. Moekti, I'm also his friend, I'll email the customized Solution for our company later.

But I got the Solution from here:

Logon with account that has Administrator privilege, and do these steps:
1. Go to Local Security Policy,
2. From [Security Settings] expand [Local Policies] key, then click on [User Rights Assignment]
3. And in the right side window, double click on [Create global objects]
4. Add Everyone from [domain], into this Policy Value, click [OK] twice
6. Logoff and relogon with user privilege
7. Test to run ellipse again with user privilege
10. PROBLEM SOLVED
Cheers / ip mailto:indro.pratomo@kpc.co.id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back