Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ellapsed waiting time in queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

joredu

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
AU
HI all
I am implementing a call routing for a call center using VM PRO , I am looking if it's possible to define a variable in VM PRO to reflect the " ellapsed waiting time in queue " for a call.
Instead of relying on the $ETA which is a GESS, the real waiting time is more accurate to make decisions.

Thanks Guys

maybe knocking up something in VB may be an option as I cannot see this happening in VMPRO, it would be easy to set the variable but everytime the call comes back into queue the variable would be altered, multiply this by the number of calls you could possibly have in queue and then add to this trying to zero the variable.... hmmm.... The ETA is calculated on the time it took (on average) the last 20 calls in the last hour to be answered so it can be good approximation

Sadly the Voicemail Pro doesn't know. The information about QETA and QPOS are passed to it by the IP Office when the IP Office requests the playing of the queued or still queued message.

The IP Office has the info but its probably only accessible via TAPI or full CTI (or the SMDR but only when the call ends).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back