Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ELK Monitoring tool for AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhm-ibm

Systems Engineer
Aug 10, 2020
FR
Hello All,

I wanted to share with you one of my recent project on ELK (Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana).
I've been asked to interface AIX and ELK, as metricbeat daemon only exists for Linux and Windows.
So I wrote a Python3 daemon script called "Metraixbeat".

I've created an IBM Github project where you can find daemon script, dashboards and configuration files for download.

You will also find a wiki with detailed informations around "Metraixbeat" daemon:
(11 Dashboard screenshots, ELK install HowTo, "filebeat functionality" description, and much more...)

I hope you will enjoy this project and will be very glad if any of you take some time to test it, submit bugs, propose improvements, or maybe help me developing it !
Who knows :)

Should you have any problem while using it, you can contact me directly.

Enjoy !!!

Please find a screenshot of the "Main LPAR Dashboard" (11 specialized Dashboards available) to show you how it looks like.

AIX_LPAR_Main_Dashboard_xxb9bu.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back